DON’T JUST SET GOALS, ACHIEVE THEM!
There are people who want to achieve, who do not care about winning and those who eventually do end up successful.
If you are the type to set goals and do nothing about them then you have found the right blog to read. Setting goals are easy but when the challenges come pouring in are you strong enough to fight back to win?
Setting goals helps you opt for the exact direction you wish to take in life. By knowing exactly what you want to achieve, you know where you have to concentrate your efforts. You’ll also swiftly spot the distractions that can so easily lead you astray. Hence comes the need for strength to battle such distractions and move forward ever.
By setting intelligent, clearly defined goals, you can gauge and take pride in the achievement of those goals as you see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. You will also raise your self-confidence
This is the most important reason why you must follow through with the goals you set until they come to life. The feeling of completion and accomplishment gained from this.
If you have set goals and are having a hard time following through with keeping them here is what you can do;
- Be precise: Set precise goals, putting in dates, times and amounts so that you can measure achievement. If you do this, you’ll know exactly when you have achieved the goal, and can take complete satisfaction from having achieved it.
- Establish your order of preferences: Learn to set the right priority.
- Always write your goals down
- Set realistic goals- Do not make blind wishes or false promises to yourself. While you dream, try to do so within the boundaries of your reasonably stretched capabilities.
- Finally, when you’ve achieved a goal, take the time to enjoy the satisfaction of having done so. Absorb the implications of the goal achievement, and observe the progress that you’ve made towards other goals.
To your success,
Susan Delano Swim