What does influence mean?
“Influence is the power to have an important effect on someone or something.”
Being influential is not something that I thought about in my business or sales approach. But influence is one of the more important skills to have to be successful because having influence means your voice matters and you are respected, your ability to influence others empowers them to strive for more, to get better results, it is the way you speak confidently about your product and/or service. The reality is, influence is how we negotiate everything in the business including talking with employees, managers, customers, contracts, and especially in our sales!
Here are some questions around influence to think about:
- How do you influence your employees and customers?
- What are your values in how you influence those around you?
- How influential are you in your business with your employees and your customers?
- How does your influence affect performance? Including your performance, your team’s performance and business financial performance.
- What would your employees say about how you influence them?
- How influential are you in your industry? How can you become more influential?
Who you are, how you show up, the actions you take and your values are how you influence those around you and how influential you are in your business. Being a positive influential role model for your teams and customers is one of the things that will take your business to the next level.
I would love to connect and hear how you are an influencer in your business and with your teams.